Friday, September 03, 2021

HEY HONEY!/AMERICAN CRAFTS

Happy Friday! I love it when I can use a color photo that looks great on the layout...especially with a lot of color! I love the photo with the hand mural...and I really did not want to change it to black and white to make it work for my layout. Sometimes, it can't be helped... but I happened to have some papers from Vick Boutin and it's perfect!


I used papers and embellishments from Vicki's Color Study Collection to complete this fun, colorful and lively layout. The products were given to me from Clique International and there may be a few embellishments left in the shop... click here to grab it! This gorgeous collection flew off the shelf. It's that pretty and awesome...


I love the color wheel paper, but I had to cut it down to make it work for me since this layout isn't 12x12. I decided to cut it in half and use it as a fun border. I created the tag using Elle's Studio's metal Nesting Tag Die! Metal dies come in handy for when you are looking for a particular embellishment you do not have... simply make it using some patterned paper. Elle's Studio has some really great metal dies. Check them out here!


Seriously, these embellishments!! And those gorgeous flowers! I added the gems to the flowers to make them sparkle. I used foam squares to mount down some of the stickers to add dimension. I do not like my layouts looking "flat." So when I'm using a lot of die cuts and stickers, I use foam squares and they work great!


I layered the flowers onto a floral die cut using foam squares. I could use a few more of these babies! They were hard to use because I love them so much.


I used some die cut labels at the bottom to help tell my story along with a tiny bit of journaling. I added some black watercolor ink platters and scribbled some ink here and there just for fun.


What do you think? What collections have you been using lately? I want to hear... leave a comment!  Thanks for visiting today! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.











No comments: