Sunday, August 29, 2021

BEST DAY MINI/AMERICAN CRAFTS

Good morning friends! I'm here with a cute mini album I created for my sister using some product from Clique International's shop. Just recently, she had family pictures taken for my nephew, Henry's 2nd birthday celebration. As soon as she posted these photos, I snagged them and I knew immediately what papers I would use! I've been hoarding Heidi Swapp's patterned papers from the Carefree Collection for awhile now. We still have a few papers left in the shop!

To begin, I cut two pieces of transparency to measure 4x4 to use as the front and back of the album cover. Next, I cut several pieces of patterned paper to measure 4x4. I used metal border dies and tags to create borders and a tag from the scraps. I fussy cut the butterflies from Amy Tangerine's paper to use as embellishments. 



Once I had all of my papers cut and my selection of embellishments, I started embellishing the pages. As you can see...you do not need a lot of embellishments to create a beautiful mini. Sometimes, all you need is pretty papers and some stickers!









I used a Cinch to bind the album together. It's easier if you bind the album first before embellishing. That is what I did. When binding, the important thing to remember is to add the back page to the front of all of your pages so that once the album is binded, it holds the wire in the back nicely when you flip the first page to the back.


Here are a few close-ups of the embellishments. Super simple, but beautiful! I used foam squares to add dimension. It makes such a big difference when layering embellishments. 


Do you enjoy making mini albums? I must admit, I don't make them as much as I used to...but I am working on changing that! Thank you so much for visiting today. 



No comments: