Saturday, October 30, 2021

IT'S FALL Y'ALL

Happy weekend friends! I've been itching to use the Cream Collection from A.B. Studio and I finally found some time last night to play! If you like the shabby chic look, but aren't a fan of including a lot of mixed media on your projects, A.B. Studio has some fantastic papers! And you can really make a layout pop with just a few embellishments, stamping and a photo!


I snapped this photo this week while I was cleaning... I happened to look over and saw Toby, completely relaxed, dozing by the window. So I quietly grabbed my phone to take a picture. :)



I included a great deal of layering on this layout. To begin, I cut the plus printed paper to measure 8 1/2x11 and the other paper was cut to measure 8x10 1/2. I mounted them together and then tore the butterflies from another piece of paper to use as a mat for the photo. 



I colored the butterflies with alcohol markers and stamped the two pumpkins onto a piece of paper using ink from Catherine Pooler and then fussy cut them out. One of the pumpkins were mounted next to the other using a foam square to add dimension. We have a variety of Catherine Pooler's inks in the shop, grab them while they last because these are my FAVORITE go to inks. 


Since a few of the embellishments have green in them, I decided that I needed to pull a little bit more green into the layout so after thinking about it, I grabbed a fine tip watercolor brush and my ink and painted the circles with ink. I did NOT use water... I just needed the brush. :) This technique is super simple and effective!


I cut the tag from the cut-apart sheet and punched a hole through the top so I could tie a piece of lace through the hole. It added just the right touch.


The butterflies were fussy cut from the cut-apart sheet and then stapled together. Then I added the floral embellishment to the center using a foam square. This flower is part of the Alchemy Kit...there are lots of gorgeous embellishments in this kit!


More fussy cutting and layering was added to the bottom of the photo to pull this together.


The chipboard and puffy heart embellishments are from Citrus Twist. What do you think? Isn't this lovely. It's a bit too girly for me, but I still love it. :) Thanks so much for visiting today! There's a sale going on...so grab some new paper goodies and get scrapping!



No comments: