Good morning, friends! Nicole here with a few more SNAP albums I created for my sister. Today, I'm playing with a fun snowflakes stencil to create a fun Winter Wonderland backdrop for my chipboard page. I'll be sharing a few other pages, too!
For those of you who follow me...you know how much I enjoy playing with mixed media... It's fun mixing mediums and exploring different ways to use a product. Sometimes, I want my projects to look simple with just a touch of mixed media.
To begin, I taped down the chipboard to a glass mat and then I placed the stencil over the chipboard and added purple tape to tack it down on the mat to prevent the stencil from moving.
I usually start with the lightest medium first... My goal here is to create multi-colored snowflakes in the colors of green, beige and blue, selecting colors from the Fresh Snow collection. After I am finished filling in the entire stencil using the first color, I dab the other two colors sparingly and use the card to smooth the medium through the stencil so it has a clean image. Aren't these snowflakes beautiful!? It doesn't look like it would be pretty when looking at the step-by-step photos, but when I pull the stencil off the chipboard...it's beautiful! I waited a few hours for the medium to dry before applying the stickers and gems to the center of the snowflakes.
Here's a quick and simple pocket page I created. I used a few stickers and chipboard sparingly so that the pictures are the main focus. These pictures are incredible!
These foam sticker sentiments were perfect for this page. I'm sure it was freezing in Iceland. :)
I really wanted to use the "snowfall" sticker and thought it would look nice across the photo. It doesn't cover important areas and it totally works.
Here's a closer look at the secret pocket...I cut the tags and journaling cards from the cut-apart sheet and tucked them inside the pocket sleeve.
I hope you found this post inspiring! Hopefully, I've given you a variety of ideas this month to start playing in your own SNAP album! They are super fun and I enjoy documenting in this format! Click here for the list of products used for this project. Thank you for visiting today and I hope you have a great week.
Nicole Martel









No comments:
Post a Comment