Wednesday, March 18, 2020

CLICK CLICK CAPTURE

One of the things I love about Art Journals is that I can do whatever I want in them! Most of the time, when I'm bored, I will grab my art journal and splash some mist and paint on a page... then I let it sit overnight and go back to it during the week... adding a few things here and there. And that is EXACTLY what I did with this spread.


I love the purples, pinks, blues and oranges on this layout... I don't even know why I chose these colors... I simply started  brushing my Coloration Sprays from Art Antholog (Sky, Juicy, Ink Spot, Patience) onto the spread after applying clear gesso to the page so it would not tear. I chose colors to the kraft page that inspired me at the moment. It was SOOOOO therapeutic for me. I just love playing with mixed media product when I have the time.


I glued a piece of burlap onto a kraft tag to use as my frame for the photo. Then I punched a floral mat using a metal die from Pinkfresh Studio to tuck behind the tag.


The "love" snippet was actually a journaling card that I cut in half to use as my title! Initially I was going to color inside the letters using markers, but I decided against it since I already had lots of colors on this spread. ;)



I added a few embellishments from my stash here and there. I finally got to use the "click click capture" flair from 7 Dots Studio. I've had this flair in my stash for a few years...waiting for the right project to use it on. It's perfect. And... I did not even come across it until I had the page painted... it just happened to work out.


At the last minute, I decided to add the moon dream catcher die cut to frame the left-side of the photos. It really changed the whole dynamic of this spread and I LOVE it!


What do you think? Have you given art journaling a try? I just started art journaling last year and I am in love with this new way of recording and capturing my memories!


No comments: