Wednesday, April 15, 2020

10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT YOU




Good morning! I just had the best time playing with Vicki Boutin's Let's Wander Collection. At first glance, this collection looks like it is geared towards vacation projects, but once I really looked at the embellishments, I realized it can be used for anything! You just have to be creative...


To begin, I used the Copper Penny Modeling Paste and the star stencil to create copper stars in the middle of the layout. I decided to scrapbook this layout horizontally to allow me some space to spread out across the entire center of the layout, which is what I needed for the design I had in mind.


I carefully placed the wood veneer stars between the copper stars, using glue to adhere them. Once the Modeling Paste was completely dry, I added the chipboard pieces.

I cut the blue star from a piece of patterned paper and then I glued the wood veneer star to the center of the paper star. Then I added the blue gem. I LOVE how this looks together. This idea came to mind when I was thinking of an embellishment I could make, rather than using a button or two for embellishments.



I wrote my top ten things I love about Edward on a scrap piece of paper and then I tucked it slightly behind the matted photo. Then I made another star embellishment and added a few more chipboard pieces here and there. The "ten" was made using a stamp set I purchased from Citrus Twist.


I used a few stickers and washi tape to make the layout more fun. I totally love how this layout turned out.


Normally, I would have used a ruler and black pen to draw a 1/4" border around the layout, but with this layout, I added a strip of washi across the top and bottom of the layout. It totally worked!







What do you think? It's totally cool, right! I love this soooo much. Thanks so much for visiting today and I hope you found today's post inspiring!


No comments: