Friday, July 10, 2020

JOURNEYS



Good morning! Today I'm sharing another mixed media layout I created for my sister. I love the Industrial stencil and this color combination in general! For this layout, I used Sortbet Dimensional Paints (Vegas Gold, Guava) and the Velvet Dimensional Paint (Fugi). 


I think the background looks soooo cool with all the patterns and the variety of colors. This layout didn't need many embellishments with the variety of designs in the background so I kept it simple with the main focus being the photo!


Whenever I'm working with a stencil with lots of intricate details, I tape down all sides using washi tape and then I use a palette knife to apply the mediums on thickly to avoid smearing... The details turn out much better when I do this as appose to applying a thin layer of the mediums.


Doesn't this look so cool. Totally digging this design!!


Here is a closer look at the bottom of the layout.


What do you think? What is your favorite color combination these days? I'm always looking for fun color combinations for my layouts! Thanks so much for visiting today!


No comments: