Saturday, July 18, 2020

JESS


Last week, I had to put my little angel down. She has been battling Feline Leukemia since the day Edward rescued her from the Animal Shelter. We knew Jess would only have 1-2 years to live...but we decided to give her the best life we could possibly give her. She got lots of toys, treats, love and kisses. She was such a sweet kitty. We all loved her dearly. We were lucky... instead of 2 years, we got to have have 4 wonderful years with her. As I type this, I have a lump in my throat and tears... I'm still so very sad. 

I didn't want to scrapbook this layout yet, but it actually helped me during my grieving process. For this layout, I used Bella Blvd.'s Chloe Collection, a paw print stencil from Newton's Nook Designs, Metal Die from Kesi' Art and Art Anthology's Carnation Sorbet Dimensional Paint. Lots of beautiful product went into this layout. I am very happy with how this turned out. It's a great tribute layout to my fur-angel. All of these products are available at Clique International and the products include links in this post! We also have acrylic paints that can be used with the stencil!


I layered the die cuts using foam squares and then added rhinestones to the center of them to add dimension. Since I had some pick thread, I thought it would be neat to add a bit of thread behind the flower. I just love how a little twill and thread can add a homespun feel to the layout.


I love the die cuts in the Chloe collection. They are absolutely adorable!!! I used a lot of them on this layout... I couldn't help myself. The yellow kitty was created using a metal die. :)


Before I piled anything on this layout, I used some paint and the paw print stencil to create several paws on white cardstock to create a neat background for the layout. I used a tag as a template and traced  the image onto patterned paper so that I would have a few different patterns at the top of the layout.


I took these photos a few months ago when we were just hanging out together... I never thought I'd be losing her this summer... I love this photo because it shows how much love we had between each other.



Thank you for stopping by my blog today!

No comments: