Saturday, May 29, 2021

MIXED MEDIA SUMMER LAYOUTS

Hello friends! I'm beyond excited to share my first two layouts I created using Studio Forty's Lazy Days Collection. I think this is my all time favorite collection. It's so beautiful!!! And I'm proud of myself for cutting into some of my favorite patterned papers from this collection instead of hoarding them. :)



To create this layout, I started out by spraying spray ink onto white cardstock. I sprayed the blue down first and dabbed the excess ink off the paper using a sheet of paper towel. Then I sprayed the Pink and yellow until I was satisfied with the background. I splashes the black ink using a tiny paintbrush tip. 


I used a stencil from my stash to create a fun background of circles and other patterns. 


Once I was finished with the background I stamped the birds and sun with the waves image from the Adventure Awaits and the Marine bulb Stamp set. I added a few clear word stickers at the bottom and framed one of the sentiments using a chipboard frame. I fussy cut the turtle from the patterned paper.


Isn't this beautiful. A little different for me...but I totally had fun creating this piece!


I stamped the "I want to Remember this" using black ink. Then I stamped the clouds onto a scrap piece of paper and colored them in using markers. I used scissors to cut them out and glued them next to the photo. I added a few sticker dots for dimension. 


For my next layout, I started out with a simple design and then added to it. My initial goal was to use the Lazy Days Stamps in a fun, creative way! 


To begin, I stamped the image onto the layout where I planned on adding my photo to use as a base for the layout. I love this stamp so much! Super pretty!


I tucked a few 3x4 journaling cards behind the photo. Then I fussy cut the surf boards from patterned paper.

I stamped the "Let's Go Somewhere" sentiment from the Mountain bulb stamp set  down the page and then added the chipboard frames to make the layout fun and playful. 

And don't overlook the adorable sand castle! I stamped it directly onto the photo. Super, super, cute!!

I can't wait to share a few other layouts I created using this adorable collection. Thank you so much for stopping by today!





No comments: