Saturday, July 31, 2021

LOVE THIS TIME TOGETHER

Hello friends! Happy Saturday. I manage to find some time to play with the Sunkissed Sampler Kit and the Modern Documenter Sunkissed kit to create this fun layout! And I am going to share with you how I created the background, step-by-step! Super easy and fun to do!

Disclaimer: "Clique International provided me with product to create this layout. The opinions I share are solely my own."

To begin, I taped down the ends of the Gathered Flowers stencil from The Crafter's Workshop to the glass mat to prevent the stencil from slipping when I blend the inks through the stencil.


Next, I used a blending brush and the Cummerbund Ink, Lime Rickey, Tiara and Tiki Torch from Catherine Pooler to create the florals. I really like using Catherine Pooler's inks because the colors are so vibrant!! Make sure you use  a different brush in between colors so that the colors do not mix.


Now, carefully remove the stencil and washi from the paper. I cut the floral paper to measure 7 1/2"x10" and then I cut the heart patterned paper to measure 8 1/2"x11". I decided I wanted to have a little bit of patterned paper framing the layout.


And then I added all of the pretty embellishments. Some of the embellishments were mounted down using foam squares.


One of my favorite things to do is add layers of die cuts and stickers onto my layouts. It's my favorite part of the process-playing with embellishments! 

More layers at the top. I used a black pen to create a thin border around the layout and added a few lines around the photos with some hand scribbles to make it look like stitching. 



I really enjoyed making this layout. The colors and embellishments are so happy... I just love the whole vibe of this layout! What do you think? Thank you for stopping by today. We still have a few Sunkissed Sampler kits in the shop if you wanna snag one!


1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

A neat background. Your son is catching up to you!