Thursday, August 19, 2021

THIS IS MY HAPPY PLACE/FANCY PANTS DESIGNS

Hello all! I'm back with another layout I created using Fancy Pants Design's Lake Life Collection. Sometimes, I just want to use the die cuts on my layouts, but I feel the need to have some type of fun background... I don't always like to use a plain white background...


I really wanted to create an elegant background for the photos... something soft and serene so I grabbed the TCW865 Asian Floral stencil from The Crafter's Workshop and some alcohol inks and blended my own fun background onto white cardstock.


I taped down the stencil on my glass mat to prevent the stencil from moving and gently blended the colors through the stencil. 


Isn't this stencil beautiful? I just love the floral prints and how pretty the alcohol inks look against the white cardstock.


I used a light pink marker to color the heart. You can hardly notice the difference...but it's a little more pink than brown.


I mounted the die cuts down using foam squares to add dimension. The journaling card is from my stash of Elle's Studio cards.


I colored in the water wave wood piece with an aqua marker then added the "Heart of Gold" wood veneer since I felt it was missing something... I think it worked out perfectly!



Do you like to play with stencils? What are your favorite stencils to use on your projects? I'd love to know in the comments. Thank you so much for visiting today!



No comments: