Wednesday, January 11, 2023

MAKE THINGS HAPPEN/PINKFRESH STUDIO

Over the past year, I've been scaling back on joining design teams. I realized over the years, it's fun getting free product, but when it's all said and done, I don't enjoy being told what to create and what products specifically I need to use on my projects. It really damages my creativity and mojo. Having said that, I plan on doing my own thing this year. I'm going to stop worrying about what teams I haven't been chosen to be apart of and just remember why I got into this hobby in the first time... TO DOCUMENT MY MEMORIES FOR MYSELF.


I also enjoying participating in challenges to get my mojo flowing. I like browsing though the gallery to see the latest techniques etc. There is so much talent out there! Seriously, if you don't make the team after applying year after year, it's not you. Your work is BEAUTIFUL... It's just hard to pull a handful of thousands of talented crafters. I have noticed recently, many companies are heavy in the videos/lives. And I'm not about that... I spend a lot of time creating the layouts and editing... I don't want to feel like it's another JOB... Because then it just wouldn't be fun. OK, Enough of that... Here's a layout I created for ME and I just LOVE it so much. This is truly me.

I created this for Pinkfresh Studio's January Challenge. I used a color scheme from a previous challenge of theirs and it's so pretty. I wouldn't normally use so much pink on a layout...but it works... and those flowers are so pretty. I simply can't get enough of them.


I think right now... my favorite crafting company is Pinkfresh Studio and I'm not just saying that because I secretly want to be apart of the creative team someday... but their product is so fun and I just want to use it all!


I used a black pen and ruler to doodle around the layout to create a border. 


I added a journaling card in the center of the chipboard frame and layered some floors and tags together  along the edge of the photo.


And more flowers. Isn't this so pretty? I used foam squares to pop up the "make things happen" on the flower to really make it pop.


Are you ready to play with flowers on your next layout? :) Thanks so much for visiting today!

-Nic

2 comments:

Claudia Ressler said...

Absolutely true what you’re saying, Nicole. I think everyone creates beauty in their own right and I too started creating to document memories in the first place. I don’t like being told which products to use although I do have some faves, also Pinkfresh among others. However, I love to browse galleries to get my mojo going because it is fun.😃

Angela Tombari said...

Awesome page!