Friday, April 14, 2023

BLUE FLORAL WALL ART

Hi, friends. It's been awhile since I made any wall art pieces for my craft space. For those of you who know me...my favorite color is blue so I decided one night to just grab a pretty flower stencil and just play to see what happens.

This is what I ended up making! I love it! That mask stencil is so freaking gorgeous and I especially like the watercolor background with the darker blue hues with the touch of glitter. Curios to know how I made this? Read on for a full tutorial!

To begin, I mixed the Cerulean Blue watercolor powder with some water and applied a generous amount on the 6x6 mixed media board



Next, I added lots of watercolor powder straight from the bottle to the canvas to add the blotchy patches.
I let it sit for awhile to dry before proceeding to the next step.
After it was completely dry, I placed the 6x6 Framed Flowers stencil down and used a palette knife to pull the Light and Fluffy Modeling Paste through the stencil.

Ah, I just love how pretty this stencil looks against the blue background.

I let it sit to dry again. 

It looks almost clear once the paste is completely dry. I debated on whether or not I wanted to hand paint the different flowers with different shades of blue paint, but then I forgot I had blue glitter glaze from Brutus Monroe in my stash and it's perfect!

You can use a palette knife to smear the Hyacinth Glitter Glaze over the canvas with the stencil placed back on top or use your fingers. Check out all of the pretty colors of glazes at Brutus Monroe.
The Hyacinth Glitter Glaze really makes the flowers pop!

Another beauty added to my collection. What do you think? I really enjoy making these pieces.
I purchased the white 6x6 wooden frame from Amazon... simply pop out the glass and place your mixed media board inside the frame. Thank you so much for visiting today!

-Nic


No comments: