Friday, April 21, 2023

CIRCLE WALL ART/THE CRAFTER'S WORKSHOP

Hello friends. Would you like to learn how to use 6x6 stencils and mixed media board to create your very own-one of a kind wall art? Read along. It's super fun and I now have five pieces in my craft room.


To begin, I mixed the Gamboge watercolor powder with some water and then I used a brush to add the color to the board.


Next, I dropped the powder over the water all over to make certain areas darker. I did not mix it with a brush. I just let the powder sit and dry on it's own for a few hours.

After that, I used a palette knife to pull the Light & Fluffy Paste through the Cosmic Music Stencil.


Then, I carefully lifted the stencil and let it dry.

After it was fully dry, I colored in the images using markers.
I'll be honest, this did not turn out the way I had in my mind... 

I splashed some White Gesso all over to see if that will help and it did not.

I let it sit overnight to see what I thought the next day. I still didn't like it so I added some Apricot glitter glaze. And eh, No... still didn't like it.


I let the glitter glaze dry completely and then I used my fingers to cover the entire piece with white gesso.
AND I LOVE IT! Look at how different it looks with the white gesso? I just love how it looks...this is what I had envisioned. 



What do you think? I'm super happy with this piece and I love the circles! This piece makes me so happy! Thank you so much for visiting today.

-Nic

No comments: