Friday, October 04, 2024

HAPPY BIRTHDAY/PERFECT PAINTS

Good morning! Nicole here with a birthday card I created using Polishing Plaster. I have a few birthdays coming up so I figured, I better try to get ahead of schedule for once and get these cards done so I can get them ready in time.
To begin, I selected a few birthday die cuts I may use, a stencil, and two Polishing Plasters in the colors of Jack Frost and Organic Sugar. I chose these colors because they are light colors and I thought they would blend nicely together.
Next, I taped down the stencil over watercolor paper. I like to use watercolor paper instead of cardstock because it has a nice texture and it's thicker. However, you can use regular cardstock with Polishing Plaster and it will not bulk up.
I used a palette knife to apply the Organic Sugar Polishing Plaster down first. Then, I used Simon's scraping tool to make the Polishing Plaster even...this is a great tool to remove the excess Polishing Plaster and the end result is a smooth surface! And you can put all that excess Polishing Plaster back in your jar for another project!
After that, I repeated the same steps using the Jack Frost Polishing Plaster. I just added little dabs all over so that I could blend some of the green through the stencil.
I always get excited when it's time to lift the stencil... Isn't this beautiful? It's the look I was going for. LOVE when my projects turn out the way I initial envision.
Now the fun part... I took time to glue tiny blue gems to the senter of the sparkles and I just love how it makes the card pop... simple, but yet stunning! Sometimes, a little goes a long way. Would you agree? Thank you so much for visiting today! I hope you found this card inspiring.
Nic

No comments: