Wednesday, July 08, 2020

MIXED MEDIA ART JOURNAL SPREAD

Hello everyone. Nicole here! Today I have a fun art journal spread to share with you. I created this spread one morning...I was feeling like I was in a funk with everything going on in the world. I just felt sad and unmotivated... I wanted to scrapbook something, but then I didn't...so I grabbed some paint and a chipboard art journal page and just let my hands do the work. I had no idea where I was going with this page...I just selected colors that made my heart feel lighter.

We have a few Art Journals in the shop available for purchase and Gia has marked down the price so if you're thinking about giving art journaling a try, grab it now! They are beautiful and they look gorgeous on my shelf. Click here to purchase yours today! I used the Vintage Vibe Ephemera Pack from the shop too! I fell in love with the butterfly napkin... I carefully cut the butterflies out and adhered them to the art journal spread using matte gel. 

To begin, I simply colored the entire page with different colors of acrylic paint. WE have a variety of beautiful colors in the shop. Check them out 
here. Once the paint was completely dry, I covered some of the colors using white acrylic paint to tone it down some. Then I used Metallic Silver Modeling Paste and a stencil to add the birds and flowers. I love the metallic modeling paste. It is beautiful!!


Once the modeling paste was completely dry, I added the flowers and writing using rubber stamps by Paper Artsy and then I splashed some Raven Coloration Spray here and there. 


To complete the spread, I added some cork heart embellishments, gems and a button. I am very please with how this turned out and it definitely brightened my mood! Thanks for stopping by today! I hope I inspired you to try art journaling!


No comments: