Tuesday, August 04, 2020

SHINE BRIGHT

Happy Friday!! We are living in a crazy world of uncertainty right now... It's hard to maintain a happy mood when I'm spending most of my days indoors away from people. In the meantime, I have created something to brighten my mood. This Globe from Foundation Decor was sooooo much fun to create and it was not that hard to make. I didn't plan on this turning out sooo pretty. Otherwise, I would have taken step-by-step photos.


*Disclaimer: The Crafter's Workshop and Foundation Decor provided me with some product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.

To begin, I used  Modeling Paste and the Flower Frenzy Stencil to cover the globe very carefully so that I would not move the screen. To speed up the drying time, I used a heat gun. Once the molding paste was completely dry, I painted all over the molded flowers using turquoise paint. 

While the flowers were drying, I painted the green grass and heart. Then, I used the TCW743 Crazy Waves Stencil to add a few circles and other patterns onto the grass. I kept the brush as dry as possible with just a little drop of paint to keep the paint flat to avoid smudging. As the wood pieces were drying, I used my finger tips to smear a touch of red on the yellow petals. And then I used my finger tip to smear some white all over to break up the colors a bit.

Next, I used a very tiny paint brush to paint the flower petals. Once the flowers were dry,  I smeared a bit of white paint all over the globe to break up the colors a bit. I used my fingers with a tiny bit of red paint to smear onto the petals to break up the yellow. Then, I used a Super Thick Gel to glue the heart and grass wood pieces to the globe.  Then I glued the remaining embellishments.


All of the colors and textures makes me so happy! It's so pretty.




Isn't this gorgeous? I think I need to visit Foundation Decor to grab a few more wood pieces to alter! What do you think? 

Thanks so much for visiting today!




No comments: