Wednesday, July 14, 2021

HELLO FRIEND/ELLE'S STUDIO

Happy hump day! I am off today so I thought I'd do a little bit of scrapping just for fun. I'm digging through my stash of pretty papers and embellishments from Elle's Studio today. I must say, I have been really good about using their monthly subscription this year. I am so proud of myself...in recent years when I subscribed, I'd just hoard all of the kits and not use them and then I end up giving them away because I've accumulated too much stuff. But back in January, I told myself I would not be overspending this year on paper.... Instead, I spent money on metal dies and tools that come in handy! :)


I took this pictures a few weeks ago when I met up my bestie in Hagerstown, Maryland for lunch and a movie. It's been over a year since I've seen her and we missed each other terribly. The drive was so worth it and when I got in my truck to go home, I was sad... the time went by too fast. I plan on visiting her in August for a few days. Can't wait!


To begin, I placed two sheets of the  patterned paper onto an 8 1/2x11 piece of white cardstock. Next, I placed the photos down and added the strips across the top and bottom of the photo. The layers help the photos to not look so flat against the layout.


I cut the the sentiment from the journaling card and mounted it below the photo as shown. 


I cut more pieces of patterned paper and tucked them behind the photo to add a nice background to the matted photo.


I filled in the white space using a stamp and a few more dies. :) Foam squares are my friend! I use them on almost every layout to add dimension to my embellishments.


I punched the heart out using a metal heart die and my Sizzix machine.


I went through my stash to find a few labels to include my journaling. I just love labels. They are so much fun to use and layer together. 


I added a few more die cuts here and there to complete the layout and some more stamping... The stamps used on this layout are from Ink Road. Check out their fun, snarky stamps!



Thank you so much for visiting today! I hope the rest of your week goes smoothly. We are halfway there!



No comments: