Thursday, October 10, 2019

RE-PURPOSED BOX

Good morning friends! Last year I subscribed to Dropps to help make the planet a better place by cutting down the amount of plastic goods I buy. I also recycle everything I can... as I was about to throw this box away, I thought it would make a cute gift box... or a cute box to have on my scrap desk.

To begin, I coated the box using clear gesso. I like using clear gesso because the paint stays true to their colors! Bad Girls Couture carries their own Clear Gesso...I ran out. White gesso could make the colors lighter.


I used a heat gun to speed up the drying time. Once the clear gesso was completely dry, I used the Kiss & Don't Tell, Bad & Tatted, Caution Tape and Sweet Candy Kisses acrylic paint to cover the entire box on the outside. I used the heat gun to dry the paint in between colors so the colors would not smear.




Once the paint was dry, I added some yellow circles all over the box. Then I mixed the Bad & Tatted acrylic paint with some molding paste to smear over the flower stencil from my stash.


I used Matte Gel to glue the stickers and die cuts down then covered them using the gel.


I used some heavy body gel to glue the buttons and chipboard pieces down.




This box was soooo much fun to alter. I can't wait to alter another one. 


What do you think? Have you re-purposed anything recently? I'm always thinking of fun things to alter instead of throwing them in the trash!

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments: