Friday, February 28, 2020

DREAMER

Hi everybody! I'm back today with a fun mixed media art journal spread I created for Bad Girls Couture using their gorgeous Art Journal and acrylic paints and mediums. I love BLUE. It's my favorite color so I thought I'd create a blue layout with some yellow and white to help tone down the BLUE. :) I love how this spread came to life. So many textures and embellishments.


Before I applied the paint, I glued a few stencils all over the layout. Once the stencil was dry, I painted over them. Then I used a stencil and molding paste to add some more texture to the spread.


I used matted gel to adhere all of the embellishments. Regular tape runners will not hold everything together... When working in art journals, it's better to use glue or gel!


I painted on white cardstock then ran the cardstock through my printer to print my journaling. Before doing this, I waited an hour to be sure the paint was completely dry. I did not want to break my printer!



I ran the leaf metal die though my Sizzix to add more interest to the cluster of embellishments.




Thanks for visiting today!


No comments: