Sunday, March 01, 2020

TOGETHER




Hello everyone! Do you ever feel giddy when completing a crafty project? I don't usually get really excited about my work, but this layout has me feeling giddy and happy! This must be one of the longest projects I have ever created on a layout... I worked on this piece for a good two hours...but the end result is totally worth while. I just love it!


To begin, I mixed a little bit of the  Flamingo Sorbet Dimensional Paint with some of the Glass Sorbet Dimensional Paint to lighten up the color a bit. I wanted more of a bubblegum pick background. I used a silicone brush to scrape the paint across the cardstock so the paint was nice and even. 


Once the pink was dry, I added a few layers of the Mermaid Sorbet Dimensional Paint across the top of the layout. I added about four layers of the Mermaid paint so the color would be as vibrant as possible. This took time because I had to make sure each layer was completely dry before applying the next layer, otherwise the paint would look muddy.


After the paint was completely dry, I decided to add some of the Vegas Gold Dimensional Paint. The colors look soooooo pretty together! I used the Metal Effects Dimensional Medium and Flity Stencil to create silver flowers at the bottom of the layout.


Since I only had clear jewels I used my markers to color them! They look perfect! Then I cut two hearts free-handed from cardstock and painted them to use as frames for the layout.


Since I didn't have any embellishments that would go well with the colors with the exception of a few stickers I used stamps and markers from Altenew to create the flowers! This took a lot of time, but I enjoyed the process!






Products Used:

Sorbet Dimensional Paint (Glass, Vegas Gold, Flamingo, Mermaid)
Metal Effects Dimensional Medium
Flity Stencil
Coloration Spray: Raider
Stamps/Markers: Altenew
Embellishments: Citrus Twist/Pink Paislee, Heidi Swapp

What is your favorite thing about this layout? I love everything about it!


No comments: